Admission into Camino Real is simple. Potential applicants must first submit information to qualify for the commercial driving industry. We want our graduates to be employable upon completion of training.
Class A & B
All applicants must provide the following documents to complete the pre-qualification and Admissions process.
- Must provide an H-6 printout within the last 30 days from the date of admissions.
- No H&S in the last 5 years
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 5 years.
- NO Consecutive offenses for Speeding, Reckless driving, or DUI.
- Valid Class “C” Driver license (if non-licensed the applicant should not have any restrictions for obtaining a license)
- Social Security Card
- No D.U.I’s in the last 5 years, no more than one DUI ever. Warrants, Suspensions and Revoked driving privileges must be corrected prior to enrollment.
- Felony must be at least 5 years old (Cannot be any for GTA, Child/Spousal abuse, or Sexual Misconduct)
- Employment history outline for the last 5 years, with dates, address & telephone numbers.
- Applicants should be prepared to take an Assessment Exam as part of the admissions process.
- Student must take exam in either English or Spanish
- Disabled/Handicapped participants just first pass the State Designated DOT Physical in order to become compliant with the Department of Motor Vehicles and obtain their commercial license
Class A & B
Students are required to pass the following 5 exams:
- Admissions Assessment (passing 65% or better)
- D.O.T. Physical Exam
- Drug Screening
- DMV Written Exam
- DMV behind the Wheel Exam
Students failing the drug screen exam may appeal positive results at their own cost. However, training will be placed on hold until negative results are achieved.
Potential students must be at least 18 years of age. Drivers under 21 years may not receive their Hazardous Material endorsement or drive outside of California.
Criminal history offences felonies/misdemeanors will not disqualify you from enrollment. As part of the admissions policy, students who possess a felony must advise the admissions department of any and all past criminal activity. Failure to provide this information prior to enrollment might constitute perjury and corrective action will be taken. Individuals who have felonies will be required to obtain a letter of intent to hire (Pre-Hire) prior to training. Due to placement limitations put on individuals with a criminal background, enrollment will be based upon the Pre-Hire Failure to honor the pre-hire will result in corrective actions.
Employment History: Each individual’s employment history varies therefore, Camino Real enrollment policies are based on the current employment labor market. All enrolling students must meet the same requirements established by the Truck and Bus industry. The majority of our employer affiliates requires at least 3-5 years of verifiable work history. Should your employment history show gaps n employment, you must provide written explanations for the gaps in employment! Individuals who have participated in the General Relief workfare program can use the work assignment as employment.
Educational History: Students must have at least 8th grade reading level. Although Camino Real provides training in other languages, students must be advised that language barriers limit employment opportunities. Students who have a language barrier are required to seek Secondary ESL training prior to the completion of the course.
Camino Real Career School is not under any articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university.
All applicants must complete an admissions application, assessment test and meet with an Admissions Representative prior to enrollment.